A Life full of fun, five wonderful kids,cute husband, amazing family,and a catering business as the cherry on top!

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Welcome to Barter Town!



This entry is not about my eternal love for my 'Proud Mary' Miss Tina(and Oprah Bestie), or about how much I once adored the charismatic Mel but how his mug shot and drunken rants have tarnished his glow a bit. It isnt even about how much I love the 3rd installment of the fab Mad Max movies ( remember the feral children ,the little dude on the shoulders of the big masked guy, the THUNDERDOME for heavens sake!) . Nope its about my new found love of haggeling ( negotiating a lower price) or bartering ( trading crap you dont want for good stuff). I was still pretty much embarrassed to do it but I saw an expose' about it ( Geraldo was no where to be seen ) and I thought I'd give it a try . Well, at WallyMart I got the customer service guy to sell me a pretty crepe paper bouquet from Martha Stewart for 90% off cuz the box was a little smooshed . To be honest I was just messin' with the man but he went for it so I've thrown caution ( and self respect..... dignity left in April) to the wind and will now be asking for a finders fee for milk and eggs and playing lets make a deal for basic t's at the Gap. In highschool we would always ask for free 'tasting fries ' at Mc D's and for some reason that always worked so Im goin' back to my roots and will trade a hug for a creme filled Dunkin Donut if that counts as bartering.
Watch Out World Bartering Brooke is here to stay!

2 comments:

Mrs. Dub said...

Hmmm ... this opens up all sorts of possibilities. A joke barter has worked on occasion for me, but now I need to get serious.

Congrats on your bartering ways!

Kelley Bochman Smith said...

the "bartering Brooke" scares me and thrills me all at the same time......XOXO