A Life full of fun, five wonderful kids,cute husband, amazing family,and a catering business as the cherry on top!

Friday, October 10, 2008

The Grass Isnt always Greener


I have been thinking this week about gratitude and being thankful for the challenges we get to have in this life. Sometimes I have felt some trials were almost insurmountable and then prayer,faith and time corrects my flawed thinking and voila the problem is gone or changed. Luckily it changes me too. I get to learn patience ,humility and meekness in a way I would not have without a little (or a lot of) struggling. Everyone has hard things to deal with and I guess just being grateful for the opportunity to grow ( sometimes I think I've grown enough!) is what I need to shoot for. No one has a perfect life or one without some stress.I have always heard that if everyone put their problems in a pile you'd pick up yours again.Like Kanye says " That that don't kill me can only make me stronger" sing it to me sweet Mr. West.

12 comments:

Charlene said...

Amen Sista! You must have been reading my mind :)

Mrs. Dub said...

word.

when life gets rough, just think, "i'm still alive, so there's that."

Mary said...

I hear ya, sister.

Well said.

Kelli and Craig said...

True dat!

Gardner Family said...

Isn't life funny that way? Thanks for the reminder.

hilari said...

did you get that from the kanye bible? it is profound. so are you.

Kelley Bochman Smith said...

love you....

Anonymous said...

We all love you because you are so loveable and loving-not to mention tolerant. I think that we all get tired of making lemonade....

Anonymous said...

We all love you because you are so loveable and loving-not to mention tolerant. I think that we all get tired of making lemonade....

Andrew, Amy, Evelyn& Owen said...

Hi Brooke! I found your blog through Holly Frosts and just thought I'd say hi. It's fun to see what you're up to and see pics of your new(ish) Sloan! I never got to see her before you moved. Anyway, looks like things are going well. (Kanye is so wise isn't he?)
Amy Bang

Anonymous said...

Is that our lawn?

Anonymous said...

P.S. If that is our lawn I have nothing to be a shamed of snd I shouln't do this anonymous it just I don't how to use an user name. -Kevin