A Life full of fun, five wonderful kids,cute husband, amazing family,and a catering business as the cherry on top!

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My secret Dream.....

I know what you are thinking 'That's a lot of neon swim caps!' my thoughts exactly. I am also thinking that my secret life long goal (not the one to host SNL)is to do a tri ( when you are cool and actually DO triathlons you call 'em tri's) is about to come to fruition.While I do not run unless being chased by a rabid dog or something and I do not swim long distances ( does water aerobics count?) and I currently don't even own a bike much less a road bike ( when you are cool and DO tri's you call it a road bike) I still think I can get my act together for the Malibu Tri next Sept . So I am going to do a few races between now and then to get ready. My first will be Dec.6th and then I am eyeing a 1/2 marathon in January. My feet hurt thinking about it because I seriously can barely run for 10 min. straight! Anyway I want to try and do this for my health and just to prove to myself that I can( In high school I used my powers of persuasion to get out of EVERY mile run cuz' running pretty much sucks) .So I am telling everyone so I can have some accountability and a few extra prayers cuz' I am scared!

14 comments:

Nicole said...

You're a stud Brooke. I have ambitions of running a marathon but a "tri" is way out of my league - I know I would drown! Good luck an keep us posted!

Charlene said...

I wish I could be as ambitious as you. Good luck, maybe you have inspired the rest of us to go for our dreams :)

Ashlee said...

You go girl!

Mrs. Dub said...

You mosdef can do it. I don't if I could, but I might just join you. These saddlebags need a hobby.

Mary said...

I'm pulling for you baby. You should get in touch with Ginny who is training for a "uni" (a simple marathon). You go.

Gardner Family said...

My feet hurt thinking of your feet hurting. Bless your little heart. Good luck! You can TOTALLY do it!

ginny said...

Hooray. If you can train for a half marathon by January, then I suppose I can get my act together to train for a full marathon by March. At this point, I can pretty much only run 4 miles without dying. Is that a bad sign?

Thanks for the motivation and keep us posted on your progress!

hillari said...

hey--if you can run for 10 minutes straight, then you are totally out of my league! Good luck!

Kelley Bochman Smith said...

ok, its on the blog, so there is no going back! GOOD Luck! You've always been able to do anything you set your mind to!

Chelsea said...

I'll do it with you...we can be scared together.

Anonymous said...

It's a big burden taking on the label of "Tri-geek," lemme tell ya. I've thought about doing one but the getting wet, the running while not chasing or catching something and the BIG chance of getting repeatedly kicked in the head while swimming isn't as sexy once the swelling begins. But the flipside is that I look fabulous in a speedo.
Bueno suerte, Brizooke.

The Revie Family said...

I found your blog through "glamma fabulous". I am doing the Desert Grande sprint triathlon Nov. 1st in Casa Grande. It's a 400 meter swim, 10 mile bike ride, and 3 mile run. It's a great way to start. Sprint triathlons are great for those of us who need to start slow. Look at active.com to find events in your area. Good luck!

Jeanette said...

So I know Jason already made a comment, but I wanted to write one too! I am wanting to do a marathon (a tri would be way too ambitious for me...I am a horrible swimmer!) but am seriously OUT OF SHAPE? How do you train for something like that?

Xela said...

Hey Brooke! It's been a long time....Anywho, I hope you do this! Jeff has done 3 sprint "Tri's" and one marathon tri. And Jordan has done 2 kids tri's. They are amazing! The feel at the event is so inspiring and motivating. When they cross that finish line it is amazing! I have thought many times when I am on the high brought by being at the tri that next time I am doing this, then when I realize all the training you have to do I decide to be the cheerleader again. But I really think it would be fantastic! Good luck! :)