A Life full of fun, five wonderful kids,cute husband, amazing family,and a catering business as the cherry on top!

Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Bee and Me...A One Sided Love Story

That is one big disgruntled bee and I would like to start this off by saying I am a full on bee supporter. I am Pro-Bee . I saw The Bee Movie, enjoy Sue Bee Honey , used Burts Bee's lip balm ( not very often cuz' that stuff is spendy) ,and watched the 60 minutes where they talk about how all the bee's are disappearing and how we aren't going to be able to raise crops without them and bee keepers are going out of business cuz' a mizillion bee's are takin' a vacay cuz' of cell phones (- even Andy Rooney's do ya ever wonder why we get junk mail segment couldn't erase my concern).So I have alotta' love for our friends the bees and was shocked when one decided to rummage around my hair and sting my finger while I was gingerly shooing it away.So 4 days later my useful pointer finger and surrounding tissue has become a hand of fleshy swollen goodness. Saturday night it was at its worse and I gave it a nickname of Meat Hand or McMeaty for short. Antibiotics are helping the swelling and Benedryl is keeping the itchiness at bay while also delivering a substantial buzz.The kids said my hand looked like a lil' baby hand all round fatty and pink. I have developed a healthy respect for all the things my left hand does for me like hold things and pet things and touch things - I really really like my left hand. I also harbor no ill will towards that wayward bee. I was always on his side ( I love bees wax candles and look pretty good in yellow and black) and the fact that a bee didn't take the time to get to know me better and realize I am not a threat is just a life lesson- or end of life lesson for the bee cuz' I think they die after they sting you. I still love you bees . In spite of my obvious disfiguring allergy to bees I will always be your #1 fan. Let me be the wind beneath your teeny tiny hardworking wings.

12 comments:

Mary said...

I once had a bee sting me just because the two of us were sitting in the back of a Volkswagon and one of us couldn't find an open window. And I'm not gonna lie ... I WAS mad at that bee.

You are a kind, forgiving person.

A little bit too kind, let's be honest.

Amy O'Neill said...

I had a bee fly down my shirt when we were camping. I felt something tickling, looked down my shirt and of course flipped out when I saw that it was a bee. Then it stung my stomach.

I still have not forgiven that stinkin' bee! ;) That happened when I was about 11 and still every time I see a bee I make sure there is no way a bee can fly into my shirt!!

Hope your hand gets better soon!

Gardner Family said...

My bro got stung by that bee's cousin, a wasp, a few years ago.His whole arm swelled up and they were talking possible amputation. Nasty little buggers!!

Glad you are getting better.

Kelli and Craig said...

Your hand was so crazy looking! I've never been stung before but I hope if I do I don't have your same crazy reaction. I am glad you have been able to forgive the little guy.

hillari said...

I am totally impressed by your kind view towards the individual bee! I take that view toward bees in general, but wow! You impress me.

ginny said...

No McMeaty pictures? Bummer.

Kelley Bochman Smith said...

I'm REALLY glad your hand is getting better! and I hope that your luck does too!!!!XOXO

Charlene said...

You are a kind and forgiving soul. I still hold a grudge against the bee that stung me on my foot!

Chelsea said...

I can not lie... I kinda like McMeaty. I think it's cute and I'll be a little sad when it goes away.

sara said...

I'm with Gin; I can't believe you didn't include a picture of your hand! After all that build-up; I didn't even cheat and scroll down early to see if it was there - I was sure it would be waiting at the end of the post. What a tease!

But I do hope you regain 100% hand usage soon.

brookegfunk said...

Sorry for not having a pic of the Meatster my camera was out of juice and McMeaty is inherently shy.

Nicole said...

Brooke - so random....so funny!