A Life full of fun, five wonderful kids,cute husband, amazing family,and a catering business as the cherry on top!

Monday, December 29, 2008

This is what the DMV does to you....


Christmas eve I was pulled over and found out that my license had been suspended for over a year-yikes. The kindly officer didn't haul me to jail and impound my car because it was Christmas Eve and my kids were in cute matching jammies (crying that I would be taken to jail so I had them say a prayer and calm down while I stood outside the car trying to look upstanding) it was raining on us and he was fighting a cold so I think that helped him go soft on me . I lucked out. I was chauffeured around all weekend long and went to an 8 hour traffic school that was weirdly semi-enjoyable (albino with Internet bride,he/she person and neck tattoo girls were all represented) with a nice teacher and class. I braved the DMV for hopefully the last time in a long time today and got my right to drive back. HOOORRAAYY!!!! -although I will miss Kevin wearing a cap and calling me ma'am ( the plastic divider made it hard to hold hands). Thank Heavens for things that could be a whole lot worse!

6 comments:

hillari said...

wow--that's scary! glad it worked out.

Charlene said...

Thank heavens for kind officers out there!!!

Kelli and Craig said...

Yikes! I am so glad that all those awesome kids of yours were in those matching jammies!!

Nicole said...

I love the humor you lend to the situation! Another reason to be thankful for all your cute kids - they soften the hearts of police officers.

Gardner Family said...

I told you not to drink and drive while throwing naughty unmentionables at elderly golfers with blue hair that night almost a year ago. Maybe you've learned your lesson!

Rachel said...

HELLO!!! So glad you have a blog...and love that your not an ex con...Your kids are very cute. yay for you finding michelle and I on facebook even though I hate it and it's just one more way for me to ignore my kids while I'm on the internet. Really I don't do all that much on facebook...mostly I blog. it's: http://helicopterhair.blogspot.com if you want to check it out. I've been wondering what you've been up to. We just finally had our 3rd boy about 3 months ago...Marcus...he's a spittin image of the other 2 they all look like their dad. Anyhoo, My hubby wants me to get off my transfattyacids and help clean the house cause he has my kids all workin like a fine oiled machine. Love to hear from you more. Again I'm really glad you didn't get arrested-- that would not be so good in front of your matching jammies kids. I've been driving on an expired license for about 2 years now and have gotten out a ticket twice. Now that I'm not pregnant I need to go get a new license. Really BAD!