A Life full of fun, five wonderful kids,cute husband, amazing family,and a catering business as the cherry on top!

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

She'll Git 'Er

My Grampa Smith came up with the phrase "She'll Git' 'Er " -it means yer kids (you can put in a They or He'll if ya need to ) will basically trash all yer' stuff and alot of theirs too. Well I found this doll ( who's headed for the Island of Misfit Toys ) and no one knows how she met her untimely demise. How convenient. I was raised to value people and relationships in infinitely higher esteem than things and I ( like Neil Diamond the Master Himself ) am a Believer. Yesterday that was put to the test when Remi was taking a pic' of the baby starting to walk (3 to 4 steps mind you!) and tripped over my bro -in -law's ( really just Bro) foot and wrecked our camera. Its a pretty nice camera and I am constantly taking pics so it was kind of a big bummer . Remi's big blue eyes instantly filled with tears and I know her tender heart was breaking. I just told her that I knew it was an accident and not to worry and that a little corporal punishment could pay off her debt to the family- no seriously I said we all have accidents and its ok -she did'nt need to worry. I am truly sad cuz we are goin on a vacay soon and excited about the photo op's - but que sera sera cameras and dolls come and go but we are stuck with our sweet little kids forever.
Ps . The little doll had a dignified and touching funeral-in lieu of flowers send checks to me for the camera fund.

9 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm reading your blog late Wednesday night after a stressful day of trying to get everything ready for a camping trip and the 12 hour road trip we have to embark on - and your post really made me feel better! It's nice to know that my kids aren't the only ones who are destructive little forces of nature. Here's to dinged up furniture and broken eletronics!

Mrs. Dub said...

i want to be funny, but after i read this post all i could think is, "brooke is such a good mom."

but i'll start working on that fund for you.

Kelli and Craig said...

You are a good mom! Sorry about your camera!

Anonymous said...

Is the fund ammount going to be wholesale, resale or used replacement value?

Kelley Bochman Smith said...

sad face for your camera....

Mary said...

I do believe you are a better woman than I was under similar circumstances. Hope you are having fun at the beach.

Nicole said...

Lost your regular email address so I'm leaving a comment here. I had all of my kids at the grocery store last week and the checker asked me if I ran a daycare! I thought you would appreciate that one.

Mary Ann & Joe Mackey said...

I've read this post before Brooke but as I was reading your most recent post, my husband walked by and saw the picture of the headless doll and had to know what that was about. I read it to him and we both got a good laugh. So just so you know, this story only gets funnier the more I read it!!

Data Cabling San Jose said...

Thannk you for this